Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 7: Verona

VERONNAAAAA.

Was extremely boring. But we still had fun! There's not a WHOLE lot to see in Verona. I know a lot of people love it for its colosseum looking building and its charming streets, but eh...compared to the other cities in Italy, it wasn't our favorite. Granted we only spent one night there. Here is where we learned to use our maps really well and navigate the streets.

We had about a 30 minute walk from our place to the main town. It was a long walk. I actually dont have pictures of our place--but I had to go ask Steven to remind me of what our place in Verona was like because it was pretty forgettable. But now that I remember, it was this Airbnb place on top of some shops and we shared an apartment with two other rooms. We got our own room with a lock and all. Unfort we had two separate twin beds that were SUPER comfy, but we didn't have A/C which later became our demise. Worst night of sleep EVER.

On our walk there, we found a little store with fruit and we bought an entire crate of peaches because we were starving and they looked delicious. I think we ate 3 on the way to town.


Prettyyyyyy


Steven is stunning. He is my muse 4 life.



Our first walk of the little teeny weeny streets.




Colorful buildings! 



Here is the Colosseum looking place where they have tons of concerts and opera's there. We tried to buy tickets, but because our trip was so last minute there was absolutely no chance in h*@!$ we would get tickets.


Cayoot town



Steven classing it up in other countries.


The pretty sunset we saw. 

So we didn't do a whole lot in our short trip to Verona. But we got to do a little walking guided tour that we read from the Rick Steve's guide. And he lead us to this AMAAAAZING shop where we found the best Doner Kebab in all of Europe. Looking back, I wish we had gotten 100 and taken them home because we could not for the love of all that is good and holy...find another Doner Kebab that was quite as good. For those who aren't familiar (because I had no idea before I went), Doner Kebab's are like Gyro's but a little different. This one had shaved meat from one of those huge roaster things with fresh veggies, a cream sauce (more tomatoey than tzatziki sauce), french fries (????? SO GOOD), and stuffed with other stuff. As big as my head. We brought some back to our Airbnb place because our stomachs, by this point, have shriveled into little bean sprouts. We sat, sweating, and eating our Kebabs, wondering why no one else was in that restaurant.


Ooooookay, i've said to much about Doner Kebabs. Anyway.


Next Stop: My personal fave of Italy---VENICE. Yah baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment